A. Davidson, farmer and lumberman on sec.7, Deerfield Tp., was born in Canada, Aug. 18, 1853. His parents William and Mary (Smith) Davidson, are now residents of the township of Aetna. The father is a native of England, and came to Canada when a boy, the mother is a native of the Dominion.
Mr. Davidson came to Michigan when he was a lad of four years. In the fall of 1874 he bought 40 acres of unimproved land, which he afterwards sold, and in 1876, he again invested in 40 acres of land on sec. 7, which is yet in his possession. Mr. Davidson is a Democrat in political principle.
He was married at Cedar Springs, Kent Co., Mich., in Dec. 1873, to Mrs. Mary L. Davis, daughter of Andrew and Sarah (Ward) House, and widow of James Davis. From her first marriage Mrs. Davidson has two children: Edna J., born Feb. 6, 1856, and married July 4, 1875, to Alfred Bell. George Davis was born Jan. 28, 1863.