HERBERT P. BLANCHARD, of the firm of P.G. Blanchard & Son, dealers in lumber and brick, Blanchard, Isabella Co., Mich., is the son of Phillip G. and Caroline M. (Touns) Blanchard, and was born in Pennsylvania, April 30, 1856. The parents are natives of Maine, and early in life settled in Michigan.
Mr. Blanchard came to Michigan in the fall of 1872, and located at Grand Rapids, remaining there nearly three years. In the spring of 1876 he came to Blanchard, where he has since been a citizen. He is a Republican in politics, and has served in the capacity of Treasurer of the village, three years, and Supervisor one year.
He was married in Grand Rapids, May 13, 1880, to Nora, daughter of John and Johanna Condon. Mr. and Mrs. Blanchard have two children -- Belle and Edith.